Sunday, April 3, 2011

Welcome to The Dog Blog

I read a study a couple of months ago about people who were hurt or sick and had to wait in the emergency ward at a hospital. The researchers measured the stress levels of the injured people and the effects of having either: their partner, a friend, or a pet wait with them.

The result?

The least helpful in reducing stress were partners. (I don't want to analyse this one, as it could go in several directions).

Next helpful were the friends.

And, you guessed it, pets were the most helpful in reducing stress in that hospital situation. Can you relate? I sure could. I'm sure most of you reading this has a special furry creature that brings a lot of joy and comfort into your life.

My love and appreciation for dogs is why I've created this blog.

I will be posting information that I find interesting, useful, or funny regarding our canine friends. I also hope to get out and meet people who are willing to share their experiences with their pets on this blog.

Please enjoy this site. I will soon be posting an email address to which you can send questions and comments about "all things dog".

No comments:

Post a Comment